Change locations for all items in a package
you can check packages in and out, but what it a package moves locations? you have to update the location of each component asset individually. It would be great if I could change the location for a package and have it cascade down to the location for each component asset.
Are you changing location with checkin/checkouts? If yes, the best way to go about it will be:
1) Choose Settings → Company Settings → Locations → Ask on checkin and checkout
2) Now you’ll see a location field every time you check in or check out a package. The location you choose here is updated for all the assets/
If you’re changing locations other than checkin and checkouts, here is what you can do:
1) Items → Assets → Filters → Group by Package
2) Click the package, you want to edit location for.
3) Assets in that package will be list
4) Select all items in the list and from actions dropdown, choose Edit
5) Select location → Enter the new location → Update
Let us know if you have some comments.